Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, September 25, 2026

A little purple house...

The last full week of the month was the week to sew up a house for my Year in the Neighborhood project.  I had actually used some purple in the July house to go with the hummingbirds, so my goal was to make this one look different from that one.

July house: 


September house:

Okay, yes, I did repeat the columbine fabric - 
because it looks so good with the purple! 

This month's tree is supposed to represent early fall.  The aspen leaves are turning in the mountains, the elk are bugling, but there's still lots of green.


I'm up to 10 houses now.  I think this needs two more - an Autumn house and a Christmas house.  I'll work on those next month so that I can start figuring out how to put this together.


And I finished off the purple month of September with one more Gameboard block!


I've really enjoyed sewing with purple this month - hope you have, too!
Linking up at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.

















12 comments:

Julierose said...

What a lovely neighborhood you've created:))) only 2 more to go to finish off the year;))))
The Nor'Easter winds are howling here this morning so far 35-40mph--our big, old trees around our house are bending and swaying so low!! Hoping they will withstand these gusts as they are still in full leaf...I have trouble sleeping when that wind is roaring around!! Hugs, Julierose

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Wonderful houses, and I like the tree for early fall.

Linda at Texas Quilt Gal said...

Love, love, love your houses! The purples are beautiful, and I had forgotten how breathtaking your July house is. You're going to have such a sweet quilt, and it's your own design, right?

Vicki in MN said...

You have been so creative with your house blocks, it is fun to see what you come up with!

Juliana Ellington said...

I always enjoy seeing what you are working on, but I am especially enjoying your house blocks. I really love this new purple house, and my favorite tree is the one to which you added birds!

Nann said...

Miss Diann's Neighborhood (with a tip o' the hat to Mr. Rogers)!

Sue said...

The columbine heart & blue sky are really lovely, plus the tree is fun. I'm starting a list of blocks for 2027 while I'm not sewing, & Gameboard, Jacob's Ladder are on it!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

the purple house is fun I haven't even started purple yet I've been so slow this past week.

Jenny said...

I hadn't thought of a Christmas house, but certainly sounds fun!

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Ohh, your purple houses are so cute, Diann! Love that purple floral print on both!

Astrid said...

I love your neighborhood, Diann! Those houses, and the trees are so cute. Pretty gameboard blocks too.

Kate said...

You've got a very fun neighborhood going with your colorful houses. Your last two sound like fun. I wonder if there will be another color for this year or if it's time to put projects together over at Soscrappy?