Only a few stitches were added to my Autumn embroidery piece while we were on our trip to Michigan. I chose this section with the oak leaves because we saw lots of oak trees here and acorns - my husband is fascinated by acorns!
We did see some hints of fall leaf color along the roadsides as we explored and at Tahquamenon State Park where we hiked to the falls.
Other colorful sights included this beautiful monarch butterfly on a zinnia.
Our last day was spent in Grand Rapids where we met up with some dear friends and visited their botanic gardens and hunted around for all the Chihuly glass pieces that are on exhibit there right now. They are amazing!
Now that we are home from our trip, I expect my slow stitching to pick back up again and there's definitely plenty to do for today's Slow Sunday Stitching
10 comments:
A glass boating party. How strange (and intriguing)!
Great holiday pictures. I like Benny the Troll, holding his beard! Sarah quiltingbythesea
We saw some Chihuly glass art in our travels too. Amazing! Glad you made it home safely after a wonderful trip. Now, back to sewing! Gail at the Cozy quilter
The arboretum had a Chihuly glass exhibit some years ago that was amazing. Glad you are safely home again. Now that the fair is over, I plan some sewing this week too.
A hike to a waterfall sounds like a great afternoon. I enjoyed the Chihuly exhibit at the St. Louis Botanical Garden last year. His works are truly amazing and I love the hide-n-seek on the walk through the park. Welcome home!
Beautiful photos from your trip. What a pretty waterfall to see on your hike. I love when gardens have art installations. Enjoy getting back to your stitching.
Looks like a very enjoyable trip!
Your stitches are beautiful! I bet you loved experiencing nature at her finest! Beautiful waterfall photo! It sounds like you had a wonderful trip.
Chihuly Glass sculptures were at the Botanical Gardens in Phoenix one year when we visited. They are amazing. So glad you had a wonderful vacation. Been following your blog posts. Thanks for sharing. Hope you get some stitches in today while watching the Broncos game. The laundry will wait!!! :)
Sounds you had a lovely trip--those glass sculptures pieces are just so gorgeous!!
i am stitching away on an old apple tree for today's COL block...limbs keep falling off our one, old apple tree left in our woods...
Hugs on a rainy Sunday Julierose
Post a Comment