Tuesday, August 4, 2026

Midweek Update

As soon as Angela announced that the color of the month for the Rainbow Scrap Challenge in August would be yellow, I was ready to pull out my yellow stash and start sorting.  There's everything from very pale yellow to very bright - and sunflowers! 

🌻🌻🌻

As I sort, I'm thinking about the blocks I want to make, 
and what will be needed for those.

  • Jacob's Ladder blocks - need the largest pieces and shades that will work well with the ecru background
  • House block for A Year in the Neighborhood - needs smaller pieces - maybe a pretty floral
  • Scrappy placemat - anything goes in that one!  Maybe I can work in those two quarter star blocks that are leftover from last year's project
  • One more Gameboard block in yellow - I'll look at the two I've already made and try to pick some different scraps for this one
Okay - I've got a plan for the month!

Then I spent another day finishing up the quilting on row 4 of Patchwork Hearts.  One section happened to be the yellow heart - it's one of my favorites!


There was also time to do all the trimming and get ready for the step where I join the sections.  That won't take too long to do - I was just waiting for some cooler weather to be messing with these bigger sections!


Next there'll be time to work on some RSC blocks - more about my progress there in my Saturday post!

Sharing at The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.





14 comments:

  1. I love that yellow patchwork heart! They are all pretty, but that one really shines. I am ready for yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such pretty patchwork hearts you are gathering;))) Nice work in progress...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do you like the quilt as you go process? You have some fun prints in yellow to work with this month.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, Diann! I love the combination of hearts and diagonal chains and your scrappy fabric mixes are so soft and pretty in each block.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was the perfect patchwork heart to highlight for today. . .not only is it the RSC of the month; but, it sure represents how hot some areas of the country has been! Your plan sounds great and your scraps look ready to play!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a sunny array of blocks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Look at all that happy Yellow!! Your going to have a fun month!! And the heart quilt - so fun to see the progress on that one!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've always liked yellow, it was my favorite color as a kid. That yellow heart is cute!

    ReplyDelete
  9. IT's funny--I was sooo ready for yellow this month that I had decided I would do yellow for August even if wasn't the color!!!!!
    LOve that yellow heart block too--as for sunshine--here in the Sunshine state--I've not seen it for 3-4 days--kinda grey outside--but no rain right here the last couple days--just grey!!! But I got yellows cut for my jewel hearts and am working on them!!!!
    hugs, di

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a pretty collection of yellows, Diann. I think the quarter star blocks will look great in a placemat. You alreayd know I love the patchwork hearts!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Such pretty yellow fabrics you have for RSC! They will make great blocks. I'm loving the progress you're making on Patchwork Hearts.

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have some fresh yellow pieces to blend in with old from a couple new bundles I got earlier in the year. I am glad I have them because I need good size pieces for the flowering snowball and I don't have a lot of pieces that size.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love your yellow heart, Diann! I'll admit it, I worked ahead on both yellow and purple.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Those yellow scraps are just itching to be sewn into blocks!

    ReplyDelete