Tuesday, September 29, 2026

Midweek Update

I've stuck to my plan from last week's midweek post as to what I wanted to work on over the week.  I added a purple house to A Year in the Neighborhood and continued working on a project I'm doing for a blog hop in October.  But the main thing I wanted to accomplish was finishing the last blocks for my mini Lala's Irish Chain.  And I did!


I've always been fascinated by Irish Chain designs, and there are many ways to make them.  When Melva started the QAL for her version of the design, I was working really hard to finish up my Patchwork Hearts quilt, so I couldn't really fully join in something new.   But making a block or two here and there for something small seemed doable.

This is 30x30, so a small baby quilt or tabletopper.
I just had fun giving this design a try!

I would love to get right on quilting and finishing this one, but my Pfaff is making a funny noise, and I'm thinking she needs a spa date!  I'm going to have to get out the back up machine, which will be good for piecing blocks, but not necessarily for quilting.

On Sunday, I shared that I started a new daily hand stitching project, and my plan is to share updates on it regularly.  So far - just a few days in - it's been easy and fun to keep up with it.  The September designs are leaves, so I've played with different colors and stitches inside the leaves.

September 26, 27, 28, and 29

Sharing at The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.






10 comments:

  1. You daily stitching project looks like fun. How big is it?
    The mini Irish chain quilt is cute! I would be tempted to quilt it right away too. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your fabric picks are so pretty for your chain quilt. The leaf embroidery is so perfect for this month of fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oooh so pretty with all those soft blues in the irish chain.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The mini Lala is so pretty with those colors! I love Irish chains, probably my current fave thing in quilts. Your embroidery looks so pretty with those fall colors!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your mini Lala is a sweet topper for a baby quilt! I hope the spa date appeases your Pffaf so you can quilt and finish it. Those leaves look great!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That mini Irish chain is soooo adorable! The prints are perfect for a baby quilt or a mini table topper. Thanks for sharing on my weekly show and tell, Wednesday Wait Loss.
    https://www.inquiringquilter.com/questions/2026/09/30/wednesday-wait-loss-504

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your mini Irish chain really came out beautifully;)) Love how the leaves are coming too. Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your embroidery work is always so beautiful, Diann. What a fun and relaxing project. It is so exciting to see your progress on the Irish Chain quilt. I just adore your fabric colors. I am working on mine today too. Seeing yours gives me motivation. Have an awesome day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay for keeping up with your COL. Those leaves are just lovely. Your embroidery is so pretty. I love your mini Irish chain quilt. Those fabrics work so well together.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love that patchwork what size are the blocks?

    ReplyDelete