Saturday, September 26, 2026

Hello, Autumn!

 

is fully finished!

And, even though it's not quite the new month, it is officially Fall, so the October and pumpkin decorations are out, too.


I also stitched some pumpkins on the Gail Pan Autumn embroidery this week.


I've been prepping for a new, year-long daily slow stitching project.  Inspired by Julierose, I ordered a piece of fabric from Spoonflower which was designed by Karen Turner of stitchinglife.uk.   This is made for stitching on daily, as Julierose calls it, a Calendar of Life.  

On her blog, Karen describes this practice as a stitch journal or intuitive daily stitching.  Here's what my cloth for the project looks like - 30 x 32 inches:  

The fabric is white - what you're seeing that looks like a pattern is a quilt I laid out underneath this cloth when I was pressing it!  It's 3 boxes x 4 boxes so = 12 months.

A close-up:


And I started here - September 26th!


Can I keep up with stitching one motif each day?
Time will tell!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.







8 comments:

  1. Hello Autumn! is a winner! It turned out really cute. The aspen leaf just glows. Great choice to make it your own.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely finish on your Hello Autumn. I love the colours you've used. Im very intrigued by your latest stitch a day fabric. I think this is going to be a really interesting project. Sarah quiltingbythesea

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Autumn is one of my favorites. I can't wait to put mine out! Your display looks so fall-ish and inviting. I am fascinated with your Spoonflower fabric and project and love your start on it. And trying not to get lured in - lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your Autumn decor looks wonderful. It's always fun to start something new on the stitching front. Even if you can't keep up daily, you'll have time to catch up when things get hectic. The nice thing about hand stitching is that it's pretty mobile.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lovely Autumn finish and nice addition to your decor... Your first daily stitchery looks like fun--those leaves are just perfect...I did bare branches today--altho' our trees are still pretty leafed out despite the Nor'Easter we 've been through --still windy and rainy here.
    Hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like all your stitchery projects. With the cooling temperatures, I am finally in the mood to see some fall leaves and pumpkins around the house.

    ReplyDelete

  7. Congrats on your Autumn finish, it's beautiful! I am planning on finishing mine into a little pillow today. Your new project looks interesting, will be fun to follow your progress on this one.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I LOVE the idea of stitching along in a journal every day of the year. I mean I do sit in front of the TV that has my Ott light right there and a special stand that holds my sewing EVERY evening. I'm going to those sites to check it out. If it's inspired by Julierose, it's got to be good. :)

    ReplyDelete