Wednesday, September 9, 2026

I Like Thursday #500

Post #500 in this series - wow!  Thank you, LeeAnna, for hosting this enjoyable weekly group.   I usually think about and collect ideas for this post all week.  It has made me pay closer attention to the good things in my life.

Things like getting a new garage door opener!  👍  We've had to haul it up and down manually for two weeks.  (Poor us...:)  What a nice treat to just push a button once again!  It's sort of space age looking, lol!


I have enjoyed working on this sunflower design this week.  I really like the look of the center of the flower.  There's still a border to stitch all the way around, but that should go quickly.


A friend served me this flavored sparkling water the other day, and I really liked it.  So I bought some for our house, and have been enjoying a cold, fizzy drink in the afternoon.


I loved this book!  Such a good story.  It's historical fiction, set in 1920, about the first group of women to be admitted to Oxford University.  There are four main characters that you get to know as the book goes on - and lots of interesting things about their lives.


LeeAnna's question of the week is- what has been the highlight of your week?  And I have to say, the highlight is coming up and hasn't happened quite yet.  But here's a hint!  


Joining in with Not Afraid of Color for I Like Thursday.









1 comment:

  1. Oooo! Where are you going??? I hope it’s a fun adventure! I’m fond of a fizzy drink myself. That book looks interesting. I will have to add it to my TBR list. (To be read). Gail at the cozy quilter.

    ReplyDelete