is fully finished!
And, even though it's not quite the new month, it is officially Fall, so the October and pumpkin decorations are out, too.
I also stitched some pumpkins on the Gail Pan Autumn embroidery this week.
I've been prepping for a new, year-long daily slow stitching project. Inspired by Julierose, I ordered a piece of fabric from Spoonflower which was designed by Karen Turner of stitchinglife.uk. This is made for stitching on daily, as Julierose calls it, a Calendar of Life.
On her blog, Karen describes this practice as a stitch journal or intuitive daily stitching. Here's what my cloth for the project looks like - 30 x 32 inches:
The fabric is white - what you're seeing that looks like a pattern is a quilt I laid out underneath this cloth when I was pressing it! It's 3 boxes x 4 boxes so = 12 months.
A close-up:
And I started here - September 26th!
Can I keep up with stitching one motif each day?
Time will tell!
Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.
And at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew and Tell Monday.
Hello Autumn! is a winner! It turned out really cute. The aspen leaf just glows. Great choice to make it your own.
ReplyDeleteLovely finish on your Hello Autumn. I love the colours you've used. Im very intrigued by your latest stitch a day fabric. I think this is going to be a really interesting project. Sarah quiltingbythesea
ReplyDeleteHello Autumn is one of my favorites. I can't wait to put mine out! Your display looks so fall-ish and inviting. I am fascinated with your Spoonflower fabric and project and love your start on it. And trying not to get lured in - lol!
ReplyDeleteYour Autumn decor looks wonderful. It's always fun to start something new on the stitching front. Even if you can't keep up daily, you'll have time to catch up when things get hectic. The nice thing about hand stitching is that it's pretty mobile.
ReplyDeleteLovely Autumn finish and nice addition to your decor... Your first daily stitchery looks like fun--those leaves are just perfect...I did bare branches today--altho' our trees are still pretty leafed out despite the Nor'Easter we 've been through --still windy and rainy here.
ReplyDeleteHugs, Julierose
I like all your stitchery projects. With the cooling temperatures, I am finally in the mood to see some fall leaves and pumpkins around the house.
ReplyDelete
ReplyDeleteCongrats on your Autumn finish, it's beautiful! I am planning on finishing mine into a little pillow today. Your new project looks interesting, will be fun to follow your progress on this one.
I LOVE the idea of stitching along in a journal every day of the year. I mean I do sit in front of the TV that has my Ott light right there and a special stand that holds my sewing EVERY evening. I'm going to those sites to check it out. If it's inspired by Julierose, it's got to be good. :)
ReplyDeleteyes autumn is here or just about. I am waiting for temperatures to be cool enough for a sweatshirt! and jeans - I love cooler weather (not cold - cooler!!) than what we have had. I believe it is your birthday this week and hope I didn't miss it I know it is right after Mine so Happy Birthday in advance
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday, Karen! Hope it is or was a wonderful one.!
DeleteI’m so anxious to get my October/Autumn decor out. Maybe this coming Friday! I should be able to start moving back into the bathrooms and out bedroom. It sure would feel better..
ReplyDeleteHope you have an awesome birthday, on the 29th! Plan some fun and at least a celebratory glass of your favorite wine! 🎉🍷
Love your fall decor! And your daily stitching journal not only looks doable, it's beautiful. Happy Stitching!
ReplyDeleteHello Autumn is so pretty! I need to pull out my fall decorations. My counted cross stitch trees are all framed and ready to pick up this week. Cute pumpkins! Happy stitching to you! Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDeleteHello Autumn is such a pretty stitchery. Love your fall display, beautiful. Cute stitchery too. How fun you are doing COL together with Julierose! It looks like a fun project.
ReplyDeleteWhat a way to challenge yourself to stitch every day! I look forward to seeing your progress. I hope you will post your progress often!!
ReplyDeleteCongratulations on your Hello Autumn finish. It was a fun stitch, wan't it? I've been following Julierose's COL project as well. Now I have two to watch come together. Love your start.
ReplyDeleteYour stitching project looks really fun - enjoy it!
ReplyDelete