Tuesday, September 1, 2026

Finally Finished!

Patchwork Hearts!

I was looking back on my blog and photos and found this in January of 2024.  I think I made the red and blue hearts in December of 2023 just to see how the block would turn out and then added the 4 patch alternate blocks in 2024.  January of 2024's RSC color must have been green.


I ended up not liking the green heart with both darks and lights in it, so remade them into two separate hearts later in the year.

Much better!

After making all the blocks that first year, 2025 was spent figuring out a layout and sewing the blocks into rows, then prepping each row for quilting.  I liked the quilt-as-you-go process for the ease of quilting each row individually.


This year I continued quilting and figured out how I was going to connect the rows after quilting was completed.  That has worked out worked pretty well, too.  I kept the excess batting and trimmed the backing so that it would work for the back connection, and then sewed on a narrow light neutral sashing strip to cover that join on the front.  That required some top-stitching and quilting to finish, which was probably the hardest part of the whole project.


But it's done now!


A rainbow of fun color and lots of scraps make my heart happy!


Thank you to all my blogging friends for all the encouragement along the way!

Sharing at:
The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss 






8 comments:

  1. My how time flies. I remember when you started these blocks, Diann. Scrappy Hearts looks amazing! Congratulations on finishing this beauty and for sharing the process on quilt as you go. Love those patchwork pillows in the background too! Have an awesome day. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, it's so pretty, Diann! I love the color progression. Wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad you stuck with it. It’s a great happy quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your patience paid off - it is one of the prettiest quilts I've ever seen! Each of the scrappy blocks is so well pieced and your sashing really worked out well. Beautiful job Diann!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on a beautiful finish! The grid quilting takes time, but it looks so good on the finished project.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think I felt the ground shake a bit from your victory dance:) Well done my friend, it is so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hooray! I think I could hear your celebration all the way to Oregon! Congratulations on figuring out how to join the rows and then getting it done! It is a wonderful finish!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations on a lovely finish--I really LOVE that central rainbow heart--what an inspiring one to add:))) Beautiful work;))))
    hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete