It didn't take long to finish up the yellow placemat that I started earlier this week! Layering it up and then quilting was one sewing session. I was happy to find just the right backing for it in my stash!
Binding it took up part of another afternoon. Making small things always gives me a chance to play with a quilting design. For this one I tried to emphasize the sunflower star.
How about a yellow table for August?
And here's the whole rainbow of placemats that I've made so far this year! It's been a really fun monthly project - I just need a purple one now. Maybe I'll make holiday placemats to end the year.
Sharing at Alycia Quilts for Finished or Not Friday.
Lovely yellow place mats--very end of Summer looking for your table,;))) The quilting pattern on them is really neat. I am still doing mostly matchbook lines on mine. I need to make an Autumnal set next. Maybe using off cuts from my little House piece...what fun small finishes are!!
ReplyDeleteHugs Julierose
That was the perfect backing! Nice quilting design too! It sure accentuates the sunflower. Your collection of finished placemats is colorful!
ReplyDeleteThese scrappy placemats are a wonderful RSC project on several fronts…using up scraps, getting creative with what you have, trying out different quilting patterns and you end up with a useful and colourful set of placemats at the end of the year.
ReplyDeleteYour sunflower placemat is very cheerful! Gail at the cozy quilter.
The quilting worked out really well. Congrats on the finish!
ReplyDeleteYour table is so pretty with the yellow placemats, Diann. I love the quilting on the newest one.
ReplyDeleteWonderful placemats!!
ReplyDeleteHow can a piece be made with all yellows and still not too bright to be blinding? Love your placemat, Diann. and love that runner on the table with the dresden flower!
ReplyDeleteFantastic finish, love how you chose to quilt it. Do you spray baste? Oh for sure Holiday placemats, snowmen or penguins would be appropriate!
ReplyDeletePlacemats are perfect projects to try out quilting ideas. This one is very pretty....yellow is my favorite color.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great collection of mats!! Love that yellow one - well the whole table - its beautiful!
ReplyDeleteNice collection of placemats. Love the dresden one on your table =)
ReplyDeleteI think that is the prettiest one you've made, and I've loved them all! Your quilting is just perfect for it.
ReplyDeleteI love the placemats I really need to make some too
ReplyDeleteSuch a sunny and radiant placemat, Diann. Perfect for August. It is so much fun to see all of your placemats together. You have had a very busy week. Have a great weekend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteI love how your quilting brings out the best of this placemat. The table looks so good with all the yellow placemats. Great job! (~:
ReplyDelete