I decided I need to spend October figuring out what each of my Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects needs so that blocks can be sewn into quilt tops. This week I started with the Jacob's Ladder blocks. The last time I shared them, I only laid out sixteen of the blocks, like this:
There are two blocks made in each of the eight main colors.
But I have also made two additional blocks, a brown and a light blue, that didn't have a partner.
So it's time to decide how to fit these two into the design! When Angela posted earlier this week that October's color would be neutrals, I started hunting around in my stash for something I could use to make another brown Jacob's Ladder block. There were still some brown batiks left in the pile I used for this year's SAHHR quilt, so I chose from there. This one with the butterflies is really a favorite!
Of course, it's not just brown, it also has some
gold, gray, and black in it.
Add in another batik that reads as brown, and I ended up with these pieces and parts.
So there are now two brown blocks, but I still have to decide what to do about a partner for the light blue block. Still thinking about that one!
Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday.
I like your additional brown blocks. You will find a partner to team with that light blue block. Together, these blocks just shine!
ReplyDeleteYou have picked all the right colors as the ladder really shows up so nicely.
ReplyDeleteWhat a gorgeous block those batiks made - wow! When I first started buying fabric, I bought lots of batiks, they were just so appealing to me. Then I got burned out with batiks. But the last few years I've migrated back to them, they are so unique and versatile.
ReplyDeleteI like the interlinking design that your 16 blocks make. I would probably add 8 more blocks to keep the link going. You might not want it that big.
ReplyDeleteI’ve only made one Jacob’s Ladder quilt. But I love looking at JL quilts. My goal for the remaining months is to get some UFOs to the flimsy stage!
ReplyDeleteGreat fabric choice for the 2nd brown block!! So pretty with the butterfly...hugs, Julierose
ReplyDelete