My Pfaff is in the shop for what is (hopefully!) just some routine maintenance, so I brought up the back-up machine, a little Janome. It's a perfectly good sewing machine, just a lot smaller than the Pfaff. One thing I really like about it is that you can leave the last block you were working on with the needle down and just start up where you left off the next day. The Pfaff has to do some kind of reset each time you turn it on, so it can't be left with the needle down.
Little Janome has been just fine for sewing some pieces and parts for Rainbow Scrap Challenge projects.
One last Jacob's Ladder in very light green, and
the centers for one light neutral and one dark neutral gameboard block.
It has also worked for finishing up my project for next week's Fall Fortnight blog hop over at From My Carolina Home.
The Fall Fortnight event starts this Sunday. I've participated in this for many years, back to when Carole also hosted Autumn Jubilee. I've gotten some favorite fall recipes from Carole's blog, and also made many of her quilt designs over the years. The blog hop will be next Wednesday, October 14th. Hope you'll come and visit then!
Linking up with The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.

Hope your Pfaff gets back soon with no issues. With one exception, I've had Janomes since I started quilting in 2010. I bought my first off Amazon, and it was perfect for me. I love my current one - an 8900QCP that I bought on Marketplace for $300!! The panel light doesn't work, so I make adjustments with a little flashlight - lol.
ReplyDeleteI'll put Fall Fortnight on my calendar - can't wait to see what you're doing with those pretty fabrics!
It is a little bit of a challenge to switch to a smaller machine once you are used to a bigger one! But if we want to sew it can be done, right!! I am looking forward to seeing your fortnight project finish.
ReplyDeleteHoping your main machine just needs a little tune up and nothing more. We are the opposite. My big machine is a Janome and I have a smaller Pfaff. I love them both. I'll look forward to seeing what you share for the blog hop.
ReplyDeleteI hope your Pfaff is back to you soon!
ReplyDeleteYou have some beautiful fabrics picked for the Fall Fortnight quilt along. Hope your main machine is back really soon.
ReplyDeleteIt’s good to have a backup machine! Pretty fall themed fabrics for your project. I need to get back to my RSC projects. I’m a couple of months behind.
ReplyDeleteBusy as a Bee, as usual. Hope your machine is back soon. I know you would be busy hand sewing, creating joy and beauty, if you did not have your sewing machine(s). I have a back-up Janome too. It takes me a minute to reacquaint myself with the minor differences, like the location of the up/down needle lever..
ReplyDeleteSince I mostly piece on my featherweight, I too will leave the last block in place so I just start sewing at the next session. Your new blocks are looking great! I hope your Pfaff has a good time at the spa and returns home refreshed and ready to stitch miles and miles!
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you are keeping Little Miss Janome busy. Your blocks are so pretty The little 16 patches are so teeny. I look forward to seeing what you create for Carole's Fall Fortnight. I am intrigued. Have a fabulous day, sweet friend. Hugs.
ReplyDeleteCarole always has some interesting recipes - most of the vegetable dishes my husband would touch so I don't make those though. I hope nothing is wrong with your machine. So far I have been able to care for my BabyLock on my own - I hope it continues as I would have to drive it a bit to get it taken care of.
ReplyDeleteReading your blog I was thinking to myself about how Rose (my 1938 Featherweight) needs a spa day. The repairman is SO excellent (and busy) that I probably won't see her for about 4-6 weeks. I'll have to sew on either a Janome QC (which is excellent for quilters - sews FAST), but not as easy to piece on as Rose. The other choice is the Baby Lock Jazz, which I got for the huge throat -- it really helps my arms & shoulders when quilting. I have a back log of 17 quilts that need quilting - so it will probably be the Janome for piecing. It's a blessing to have a choice, which I'm thankful for every day. In retirement I'm quilting every single day (and loving it). When I tire of working on one quilt I skip to another in a different 'job' so I'm constantly being challenged & stay interested. I just keep thinking ahead of how wonderful it will be when all 17 are done and I can start on the next group! My goal? To use up the stash AND pre cuts (made from many quilts in the past, scraps purchased at quilt shows and those on the free table at quilt meetings (sadly we lose quilters often now -- we're all getting up there in age). Deb
ReplyDeleteI'm sure cute little Janome is happy sewing again! Hope it's nothing serious with your main machine and it's coming home soon. The fabrics for Fall Fortnight QAL is so pretty.
ReplyDelete