A few more photos from our trip to share! We spent last Thursday on the shores of Lake Huron. This time I took off my shoes and waded in it! This was the beach right by the harbor in Cheboygan (not to be confused with Sheboygan, Wisconsin, which we did at first, lol!) We enjoyed watching the ferries go back and forth to the islands across the way.
It seems that every town we visited had a lighthouse with a walkway you could take out to it, so we went out on each one! This was one of our favorites, in St. Ignace, Michigan.
We went across the Mackinac Bridge four times and so we saw it from every angle we could.
And, finally, just before we left to drive back to Grand Rapids, a beautiful sunrise over Lake Huron!
LeeAnna's question of the week is about our favorite books, movies, and TV shows. That is a hard question for me to answer, because there are so many!
- Books - it's probably a tie between historical fiction and murder mysteries! I've read many of both. Over the years there have been many favorite authors and books.
- Movies - we don't watch many movies, but favorites have always been the Star Wars movies, Lord of the Rings, and things like that. The most recent movie we saw was Project Hail Mary, and we loved that one!
- TV shows - British detective shows are our favorites there. Several years ago, you could get a free subscription to Acorn TV through our library, and we watched "Foyle's War" that way and loved it. Since then we watch just about any British detective show we can find. "Beyond Paradise," a spin-off of "Death in Paradise" is our current show.
Hope you're having a great week!

Looks like you saw an awful lot of Michigan and it's a big state! The lighthouses are always fun and very photogenic it seems. Movies at the theatre are so expensive now, I'm pretty much limited to what's on Disney and Netflix.
ReplyDeleteThose are pretty views of Michigan! I would be drawn to the lighthouses too. I especially like the photo of you with your feet in the water. Was it pretty cold?
ReplyDeleteYour lighthouse photo is precious, looks like from a postcard!
ReplyDeleteEnjoyed the pictures of your trip to MI. It's northern peninsula has many spectacular places to visit. And yes, be careful not to confuse Cheboygan and Sheboygan, which is where I'm from and enjoy the shores of Lake Michigan.
ReplyDeleteNeat that you got to walk out to so many lighthouses. I would've gotten those 2 cities w/ similar names mixed up, too!
ReplyDeleteWhat lovely photos of your vacation. Was the water cold? I have always admired lighthouses. Were you able to go up into the lighthouses? I hope you and your dear hubby had a fabulous time. Have a lovely afternoon, Diann. Hugs and Blessings.
ReplyDeleteWe’ve never visited a lighthouse. I think that would be so interesting. Thanks for sharing your favorite TV views. And also all the books you’ve recommended this year. Now reading Theo of Golden. No opinion just yet!
ReplyDeleteSomeday we'll have to chat about Brit shows. We have quite a few favorites!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you caught all the spectacular views on your vacation. We have been to many of those places. We like British mystery series too and are currently hooked on Marble Hall. I like a wide variety of books. I’m listening the Mad Mabel And reading The Paris Express by Emma Donahue. Gail at the cozy quilter.
ReplyDelete