Saturday, August 22, 2026

Slow stitching this week...

I got on a roll early in the week, and got the Summer embroidery from Gail Pan completely stitched!  It did turn out to be fun to add the gold accents here and there to complement the bees.


Three of the four seasons are complete now!

Sometime in the next week or two, I'll prep and trace 
the Autumn design that completes the set
so that I can get going on the final one.

That left me a little time to get some quilting stitches into the spool mini quilt.  Lots more to do there.


And, silly me, two new cross-stitch starts happened this week as well.  They are both from Melisa at PinkernPunkin.  First I started the Sunflower Sampler, and then on Friday Melisa shared Bee the Sunshine, and I couldn't resist it.  Neither one is a huge project, so it doesn't really matter which one I work on first.

I love stitching letters and there are lots more to do!

Sharing at Kathy's Quilts for Slow Sunday Stitching.







15 comments:

  1. You added just the right amount of gold to the finish. Can't wait to see what all the fall one has in it. At least with Melisa's patterns it won't take you long to finish. I am working on one of her latest designs and hope to finish today.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo! I love your Summer embroidery! The yellow sets it off nicely. Can’t wait to see the fall one in progress. Two new cross stitch projects! Great start on those and the hand quilting looks good too. Lots of choices of what to work on when you have time for slow stitching. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the gold with the red - it has become your golden redwork! That is such a pretty series. I'm looking forward to your fall one. The spool quilt looks cute, and Melisa's cross stitch projects are so sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love how you stitched each of the seasonal Gail Pan embroideries a different color. Wonder what your last will be? So far, the three completed ones look fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the Gail Pan stitches they are always so pleasant to look at.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great job adding the gold to your summer stitch. What size are they? I’m curious, you know. I may have gotten in over my head in new fall stitching! Lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your seasonal stitching is lovely, just one more to go. How will you be finishing these, as little wallhangings? Or a cushion? It will be nice to bring each one out as the seasons roll by.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful embroidery. Melissa has such fun designs. Maybe i need a bee to stitch on the plane Wednesday.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love your four seasons embroideries--Diann; looking forward to seeing how you decide to set them...hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gold/yellow add to the red embroidery adds just the right touch! How awesome to have three of the four seasons finished! You are making great progress on your quilting . I wondered if you would start those projects of Melisa's. They are super cute!

    ReplyDelete
  11. The Summer embroidery project turned out beautifully. The gold accents really do work to highlight all the red. Hope you got lots of slow stitching done yesterday.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Summer looks great. I look forward to seeing Autumn. I always like to see what little cross-stitch projects you have in progress. I always want to do some, but never get around to it. Enjoy your stitching.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gosh! You are getting a lot of variety into your stitching! I mostly am either piecing quilts or quilting quilts. Just recently got my long-arm fixed, so I am chomping at the bit to get more quilted. I do have an embroidery project going (WIP) and I make little dresses for my granddaughters. That's my variety. So I guess we all dabble in other things!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your trio of stitcheries are so pretty! Will be fun to see how you use these when the fourth one is done!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It is so much fun to see your Gail Pan's Seasonals . Do you already have a plan on how you will finish them? Seeing your progress on your stitches brings a smile to my day, Diann. I hope you are enjoying each one and thank you for adding them to your stitch list. Hugs and Blessings.

    ReplyDelete