Saturday, July 25, 2026

Still stitching...

I only put a few stitches into the Summer piece this week.  After showing the gold bees last week, and thinking about where else I could use some gold floss in this one, my friend Miss Pat suggested French knots in the center of the red daisy-like flower.  And, yes, that works!  Can you see them?

Now I am stitching my way up to the next 
flower center above that one.

I've spent most of my slow stitching time this week on starting "Hello Autumn," a free stitch for Primrose Cottage newsletter subscribers from last year.   



The gold floss from the bees in Summer (above) was used to stitch a beautiful fall tree - I'm thinking it's got to be an aspen tree which provide Colorado with lots of golden color every fall!


It's time to stitch the word "Autumn" - that will be today's Slow Sunday Stitching!  
Linking up with Kathy's Quilts.





18 comments:

  1. Yep I can see the french knots! Those autumn trees are stunning. It's hard to think of the next season when we are waiting for our fourth heat wave!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those little golden knots look perfect;)) What fun stitching Autumn--not all that far away--end of July already--time is just flying by !!
    Enjoy your Sunday stitching hugs, Julierose

    ReplyDelete
  3. I’m not ready for Fall quite yet. We saw the gorgeous aspen trees on a vacation to the south west a few years ago. Lovely colour! Perhaps the bee hive could be stitched in yellow too. Have fun stitching today. Gail at the cozy quilter

    ReplyDelete
  4. The flower center is the perfect place for those gold French knots!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like the gold French knots, but I like the gold aspen tree even better because I'm ready for fall! I still love that autumn cross stitch, it is one of the few pieces I've actually finished. :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good idea for the French knots, perfect place for them. I am already looking forward to fall!! Summer heat is brutal this year, and I don't tolerate it well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh! No! It is too soon to think about autumn!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Perfect timing to start on Autumn stitching. That was a great idea to stitch gold french dots for the flower center.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like the french knots in the flower to tie in the bees. So pretty. I have yet to see Aspen trees in Autumn. Someday. I like your Autumn piece.

    ReplyDelete
  10. French knots are perfect for it - otherwise a satin stitch could have been used maybe - I don't remember all the names for the embroidery stitches.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That French knot center works really well. Hope you get in lots of slow stitching today.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Most definitely the leaf had to be aspen gold. Love the picture of the aspens. I still remember how beautiful they were.

    ReplyDelete
  13. You are getting it done. So envious. My life will settle someday soon. I’ll be back.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks like the gold French knots were a hit with everyone. And I like Carole's idea of doing the beehive in gold, too.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete
  15. Pat's idea worked well. Your Hello Autumn is coming along. Makes me want to get mine out but...I'm not ready for fall yet.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Time sure flies! Your little stitcheries are so lovely, and those golden leaves are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  17. The gold French knots are perfect. This is such a cute stitchery. Oh those aspens are gorgeous. I really miss not getting to visit CO this year. Great start on the fall stitch. It is going to be cute as a button.

    ReplyDelete