I have a finish to share - a Christmas in July finish! This is Carole's tabletopper design from her Christmas in July event at From My Carolina Home. In last week's midweek post, I had just started this project, but it didn't take long to move it all the way to a finish.
Blocks made and setting triangles all laid out -
Top sewn together -
28.5 inches square
Everything in the top comes from my stash, but I didn't have anything that seemed right for the backing, so I went shopping. This one turned out to be perfect - red, green and gold stars!
And ta-daaaa!
I loved Carole's finish with a gold binding, but ended up deciding that mine needed more of the green and red holly print, so I bound it with that.
You can see the quilting on the back -
Such a fun project, and it came right at the right time when I didn't have anything else I needed to work on.
Thank you, Carole, for all your inspiration and
for sharing the directions for this sweet tabletopper!
Linking up with The Inquiring Quilter for Wednesday Wait Loss.

You whipped up this quilt in two shakes of a lamb's tail, Diann. Beautiful job and now it is all ready for the Christmas season!
ReplyDeleteWhat a pretty Christmas table topper, all ready to use during the holiday season. Good choices on the backing and binding. Gail at the cozy quilter
ReplyDeleteYour Christmas Star and bells piece is so pretty ;)))--nice work on this--hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet table topper for the holidays, Diann. You found the perfect backing fabric. Love the quilting, too!
ReplyDeleteYou sure were fast whipping this one out with start to finish in just over a week! You rock;)
ReplyDeleteHow pretty Diann! Goodness you are fast. I just love the fabrics/colors you chose - that pretty background is perfect for the Christmas prints. And I want some of that backing! Nicely done.
ReplyDeleteFinished, ready for gifting AND it is still July! Good work! Great backing and binding choices too!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great little quilt, Diann. I agree, the print binding is perfect for a framed finish.
ReplyDeleteHow pretty is that! Great finish.
ReplyDeleteBeautiful finish! I think you nailed it with your binding choice.
ReplyDeletewhat a beautiful Christmas surprise quilt--if I didn't already have so many 'projects' in the pan--I might have tackled it too--oh --and congrats on using just your stash--that is always a nice challenge for us quilters--stay cool--hugs, di
ReplyDeleteLook at you, with a Christmas finish in July! Very impressive! Just don't tell us that you're all finished with your Christmas shopping as well... ;-)
ReplyDelete"I heard the bells on Christmas Day...." and how nice to *have* to go shopping!
ReplyDeletewow you finished it already - great!!
ReplyDelete