My last Rainbow Scrap Challenge block for July is a house for my Year in the Neighborhood project, and this one is inspired by our trip up to Estes Park last week. We really enjoyed seeing the hummingbirds up there, and Mike got some good photos.
We also went to the quilt shop there which is a really nice one - Peak to Peak Stitching. And look what had to come home with me!
Hummingbirds! On an aqua background, too.
I decided I wanted to make a house for the neighborhood inspired by the hummingbirds. Looking around in my stash for what to put with the hummingbird, I found this pretty purple.
And together, they became a house!
With a garden of columbine for the hummingbirds to feed in.
I made a tree for the hummingbirds, too - if you're able to watch hummingbirds for long enough, you'll see them go rest on a nearby tree branch.
The Neighborhood is coming along!
Sharing at SoScrappy for ScrapHappy Saturday and at
Quilting Learning Combo for the Quilters Cove July link-up later in the week.
Also at Melva Loves Scraps for Sew and Tell Monday.
We get hummingbirds in our garden too. They love my coral bells and patio planters. We often see them buzzing around when we are having supper on the patio. Another wonderful addition to your house block collection. Great hummingbird fabric. Gail at the cozy quilter.
ReplyDeleteWhat an adorable house block with the little hummers;))) A nice memory of your visit, as well;))) hugs, Julierose
ReplyDeleteThat hummingbird fabric is gorgeous! I like your fussies in your house and the tree - it's all looking beautiful!
ReplyDeleteI love how you got the hummingbirds to sit on the roof!
ReplyDeleteI've only seen one hummingbird, visiting the fuschia basket on my front porch, and a couple of Monarchs, checking out the milkweed.
ReplyDeleteYour hummingbird house is adorable and a nice reminder of your visit to Estes Park. The summer is going fast. t's almost August already and I've still got so much to do.
Pat
LOVE your hummingbirds, Diann.
ReplyDeleteI use to put out hummingbird feeders but they never seem to hang even and forever dripping out liquid that attracts ants. Some places I have seen have a lot of feeders and tons of birds.
ReplyDeleteGreat additions to the neighborhood, Diann!
ReplyDeleteWhat an awesome addition to the neighborhood! That block is terrific!
ReplyDeleteI have only seen one hummingbird this summer, and only one time. I don't know where they all are this year. Your neighborhood is fabulous.
ReplyDeleteWhat a fun humming bird house and neighborhood! :)
ReplyDeleteThat house is just perfect! We love watching our hummers darting about. This year they seem a bit skittish when we sit on the deck, not like that other years. And yes we see them go sit on a nearby branch of several different trees.
ReplyDeleteYou made good use of that humming bird fabric. The Humming Bird House is very pretty and so is that tree. What a great addition to your growing neighborhood.
ReplyDeleteYou've made two pretty hummingbird blocks! Such a lovely neighbourhood you are creating.
ReplyDeleteThe hummingbird house and tree is perfect, Diann. I have given my husband Bird Buddy Feeders for Christmas gifts. He enjoys all of them very much but the hummingbird feeder has given us both so many hours of enjoyment. The tree they rest in is just outside my sewing room window. I haven't been able to capture such great photos as your hubby though.
ReplyDeleteThe hummingbird house is charming! I am so enjoying the progress of this project.
ReplyDeleteI love the hummers. <3 Great blocks to add to your collection. Thanks for sharing in Sew & Tell.
ReplyDeleteThat's a fun little neighborhood growing! That hummer fabric is so good, and your house is cute!
ReplyDeleteOh, my! That hummingbird fabric was used to perfection for the house & the tree. Also, the purple columbines? Love!
ReplyDeleteSuch sweet blocks to add to the neighborhood. I love the hummingbird fabric and how clever to add those little hummers buzzing about near the trees. Love it!
ReplyDelete