Also, awhile back, I decided I wanted to try some English Paper Piecing. Except for quilt bindings, I don't do a lot of hand stitching, but it was fun just to experiment with some hexies this way. I used up the last of the leftover Color Me Happy charm squares from my Charm Park Cherry quilt to sew together three hexi flower shapes and then appliqued them to a fun gray and white background that I found in my stash.
I've also been trying to use up scrap pieces of batting that I have, so I zigzagged together three smaller pieces for this project.
Besides the stitching on the hexies, I also echo quilted around them a little. That seemed like enough quilting for a project this size. All in all, "Color me Happy" with this finish!
To continue another scrappy project I have in the works, last night I made Block 2 of the Fresh Spools paper-pieced blocks that Faith of Fresh Lemons is sharing on her blog. This time, I went with yellow for my spool fabric. It seemed like a good contrast for the muted blues of the first block. It will be fun to see how this little project grows as it moves along!