Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, February 17, 2018

A Finished Quilt Top and a Distraction

Yesterday I spent some time finishing up the quilt top I've been working on recently - from the Yellow Brick Road pattern - which is going to be a birthday present for my oldest son.


It measures about 58 x 75 - one of the bigger projects I've worked on recently!  This coming week the goal is to stock up on batting, find a backing fabric, and get this one basted for quilting.  

One of the reasons it took me all week to getting around to adding those borders (a pretty simple task) is that I was distracted by this cute little mug rug made by my friend, Vicki, who blogs at Vicki's Crafts and Quilting.  It was one of those little projects that I saw and knew immediately that I had to make it!  Thanks, Vicki!

Here is my version - 


A peek at the back - isn't that pretty?!  I'm sure this fabric will find its way into a few more scrappy projects this year!


A fun little Valentine's Day distraction - and completely worth it!


Hope you've had a productive week!  I'm sharing over at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!  






10 comments:

Michele McLaughlin said...

Great projects! Your son is going to love his quilt!!! I love the colors! That little mug rug is so dear :) Have a wonderful day!

Linda said...

A distraction? Surely not! :)
I love the fabric you used. And that little bird - so cute!

Libby in TN said...

Love your mug rug. I need to do more little projects.

The Joyful Quilter said...

Congrats! on your progress on DS's quilt. LOVE your fun little distraction!!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a happy distraction! I love the little penguin. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Cathy said...

So many distractions so little time!!

That's a cute little mug rug. I'm going to keep it in mind to make bigger for some placemats.

Karen S said...

Lovely finish on your quilt top.
And a very cute distraction!

Kate said...

Your sons quilt turned out beautifully! Very happy and cute mug rug. Good luck with getting the back and quilting done on your son's quilt.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Your mug is so sweet. The border for the brick quilt was a good choice. Enjoy! mary in Az

Jasmine said...

Such a cute little project. I love the tiny penguin. And the quilt top looks great too.