Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Saturday, January 13, 2018

Project Quilting: Hometown Proud

Welcome to Loveland, Colorado - the Sweetheart City!


Because Loveland has wonderful views of the Rocky Mountains, specially created Valentines, and lots of public art, I knew those things would need to be represented in my first ever entry into Project Quilting.

I started with a sketch and some scraps - 



Those scraps turned into this patchwork background - grassy fields, mountains, sun, and blue sky.


A heart was needed, so I fussy cut one that I raw-edge appliqued to the background.  After a little quilting and binding, my Sweetheart City mini, measuring 10 inches square, is complete!


Loveland has been my home since 1977, and I am definitely Hometown Proud!  


Head over to Persimmon Dreams to check out the other Hometown Proud entries - they're a lot of fun!

Also sharing at Quilting is More Fun than Housework for Oh Scrap!






17 comments:

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

have you always lived in that area of CO - we love it but it has been since 2011 since we have been there - other places to see but I know we will be back love it!!

Libby in TN said...

Proud of you for entering and I think you mini fits the bill.

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Very cute quilt. Who wouldn't love Loveland Colorado?

Cathy said...

What a clever idea and awesome execution! Way to go!! 😍😍💕

Chantal said...

Very well done, Diann. Congrats! ;^)

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Cute mini, and this challenge is fun ;)

gayle said...

Woohoo! Well done!

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What a fun little challenge! I really like what you came up with. Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

Carla said...

Loveland is a beautiful place and you have really created a super project to represent. Perfect.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

How fun !! that is really neat! And Loveland - I love that place!

Ivani said...

I love your mini quilt, Diann. Well done, and very representative.

Kate said...

A very fun mini! I think you nailed the theme.

JeanAnn said...

Your interpretation in fabric and stitching is wonderful. Well done.

Karen S said...

That is a great mini and I think you have met the challenge perfectly.

Mary in Peoria Handmade said...

Adorable mini!

Barb said...

Love it!

PersimonDreams said...

what an adorable mini! Love what you've done. Thanks for joining in the PQ fun!