Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Slow Stitching

I was hunting around in a basket in my sewing room earlier this week, looking for a pattern, and came across this old kit that had been hidden away for a few years!


I had made most of the ornaments when I first got it for a Christmas gift exchange with my local quilt group, but there were enough supplies in it to make two more of the stocking ornaments.


This week I stitched on the cat, and did some of the ornamental stitches.  All that are needed are blanket stitch, lazy daisy, and French knots, and that's good because that's pretty much the extent of my embroidery skills!


This will be fun to work on this afternoon during the football games - or at least for as long as I can stand to watch the pitiful Denver Broncos with my hubby!  :)  I do always enjoy having some slow stitching to do while watching TV.




8 comments:

Deb @ Frugal Little Bungalow said...

what a cute kitty :)

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How funny, I sold that exact kit last summer thinking I would never get to it.

Suzanne said...

Sweet kitty stocking!

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

cute kit! I need to really get busy on my wools

Siouxzq64@gmail.com said...

Cute stocking.

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Looks like you uncovered a Christmas treasure. Enjoy!

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

Diann, I had a very similar kit in 2014 that I did for gifts that year. Enjoyable stitching and perfect for t.v. viewing.
I like your hand embroidery and love to see it.

Karen S said...

Lovely to re-discover a hidden project. And even better to find sufficient supplies left to use it!