I knew my mini was going to need a bit different finish than what they were suggesting because of the colors I used for mine. With the lime green, orange, and turquoise, I couldn't think of much else besides black that would work!
I happened to have some Kona Black scraps that a friend gave me recently and decided to use them for sashing and a border. I cut the sashing at.1.75" and the border at 2". I also decided to add some cornerstones cut from the leftovers of the block fabrics. After piecing a backing and spray basting the layers together, I quilted it in a wavy meander from side to side using Aurifil in Light Jade, which Cynthia shared with me last year. It was fun to have a project that I could use more of this pretty thread on!
Here it is, all finished! It measures about 21 x 21. The binding is a fun coral w/orange polka dots that I had in my stash. I'm glad I have more of this because I'm going to enjoy seeing it again in future projects!
I like the back almost as much as the front! I used a fat quarter of cream with black stars, and added the 17th block and other scraps which were leftover from the blocks to bring it up to the right size.
I think that block would make a good label, although I haven't written anything on it yet!
This scrappy finish will go on the wall in my sewing studio, and I'll enjoy seeing it everyday!
Linking up with Oh Scrap! at Quilting is More Fun than Housework.