Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Friday, May 5, 2017

Green for May - Scrap Happy Saturday

I was excited to find out that Angela chose green for our color of the month in the Rainbow Scrap Challenge!  Green is one of my favorite colors, the color of Spring, and I'm looking forward to sewing with it this month.

A big part of my week involved getting my Scrap Jar Star quilt top (my RSC blocks for 2016) basted, and getting the quilting started. I've gotten quite a bit of the quilting done already, and I'm liking how my plan is working out!


Looking through my stash for more green to sew with, I found that I still have some of those adorable owls, so they will definitely be a part of my 2017 projects!  I found these mini Pearl Bracelets, too - they will be a great addition to my blocks this year.


I did have time to stitch up a maple leaf and a nine patch to add to the collection.  I love them - so fresh and pretty!


And a quick check to see how these blocks are looking, on the design wall - fun!


Looking forward to checking out all the green inspiration from the RSC quilters at the ScrapHappy Saturday link-up!





27 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

Your blocks look great! I pulled out my green scraps out tonight. I have enough bits for a whole quilt :)

margaret said...

blocks look great and the quilt is coming along so well. Like you green is my favourite colour, must make my crazy patch this weekend.

Katie Z. said...

Your blocks and fabrics are so fun!

Gretchen Weaver said...

Great blocks and your rainbow project from last year looks very nice.

Libby in TN said...

Love where you're going with RSC this year.

Chantal said...

Fun fabric makes fun blocks. They play so well together. It will be a great quilt. ;^)

Vicki in MN said...

I like the layout of your leaves and nine patch. I better get on with my green scraps and get a move on. Seems like I have a big list for May of what I want to do.

Ivani said...

Cute owl fabric. ♥ All the blocks look great together.

Quiltdivajulie said...

Like the mix of blocks and those owls really are cute.

Kathy S. said...

Fun blocks. Way to use color.

Mari said...

I have those owls in pink! Nice start on the green.

Deb A said...

Such fun fabrics! Love how those 9 patches and the maple leafs look together.

maggie fellow said...

wonderful blocks

Linda said...

I love green too! Your blocks are so cute with those owls. :)

Cathy said...

The owl fabric is perfect in those green blocks! I am so in love with your maple leaves and nine patch blocks!

Nell's Quilts said...

The green just adds life to the other blocks. So lovely.

QUILTING IS BLISSFUL, DI said...

those are 2 neat blocks that go together very well for the color of the month--and I love the owl one!!!
enjoy the moments,di

PaulaB quilts said...

I love that your center square even on the leaves is a feature. It ties the two block types together so well.

Tu-Na Quilts said...

Very pretty! Those owls are so sweet!

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

I like your greens! And you scrap jar quilt!

MissPat said...

Your combo of maple leaf and nine patch blocks is very effective. This will be a lively quilt.
Pat

Pamela Arbour said...

I love how your blocks are coming together!

Linda said...

I love your green fabrics (I had the owl one in hot pink/orange colourway, sadly all finished😕). Your RSC block choices are great, those maple leaf blocks look super.

Sally Trude said...

You are very wise to add those owls to your green blocks. Delightful!

quiltingbydawn said...

Love your 2016 RSC star project! Looking forward to seeing it finished!

Kate said...

You've been making a lot of progress on your RSC projects. I really like you Jar Stars. The maple leaves and 9 patches is fun too. Hope you get in more color play this week.

Cathy said...

Can't believe you are quilting your Scrap Jar Stars already. And, yes, those owls look great with those greens. I never would have thought of alternating leaves with nine patches. I like it!