Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, May 3, 2015

Pushing Along

There hasn't been much scrap play in my sewing room this week, but I have been on a big push to finish the quilting on my Winter in the Woods quilt.  It is going pretty slowly, probably because I am quilting it pretty densely (for me!) in organic wavy lines, but I am making progress.




See those lovely purple gloves?  They are gardening gloves with a coating of nitrile that I bought at Lowes! My Machingers quilting gloves got so dirty on the fingertips that I had to get rid of them, and I saw something about trying gardening gloves like these posted in Pat Sloan's quilting Facebook group.  They work great, are inexpensive (I think I got 3 pair for about $5), and there is the added bonus that they are purple!

I did have to take a break at one point and try something new and different.  This is a Triangle Zipper Pouch from the blog of Vanessa at The Crafty Gemini.  Isn't it cute?



All it takes is 2 - 5 x 10 inch pieces of fabric, a little bit of fusible fleece, and a zipper, and it goes together in about half an hour!  So fun!  I can see more of these in my future!

I just noticed that this is my 101st post!  I totally missed that I had come that far.  This must mean I need to have some kind of celebration.  Stay tuned!




6 comments:

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

That pouch is too cute. I have big plans for making little pouches and such but have yet to make one. But I have a whole bolt of fusible fleece all ready for when I get to them! Thanks for sharing with Oh Scrap!

And your quilting is looking great! Stick with it.

Claire said...

My "quilting" gloves look just like that.

gayle said...

Purple gloves are perfect!
Love that little pouch, too.

ThreeOldKeys said...

What a cute pouch ... aren't those Charley Harper cardinals cute?

I love your wavy quilting lines!

Lara B. said...

101 posts... just like the Dalmatians, LOL. Congratulations on that great achievement Diann! Wahooooo!
Love that little Charlie Harper Cardinal Pouch!
Pretty great idea to use gardening gloves to quilt,

Jasmine said...

Your wavy lines look really good on that quilt. And I love the fabric collection. (Wish I had bought more of it).