Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Little Penguin Quilts Through the Year

Sunday, January 25, 2015

Playing with Scraps

Just playing around this afternoon with a couple of charm packs of Best. Day. Ever! by April Rosenthal for Moda and some low volume scraps from my stash.


I originally bought these charm packs because I just love the name of the fabric line, and now I find that I am making a quilt to commemorate the day I turned in all the necessary paperwork to retire from teaching.  Eeeek!!!  It is a big step!



I decided I wanted to make a simple scrappy patchwork quilt with a cascade of color from light to dark. So far, it is 10-5 inch squares by 11-5 inch squares.  I don't know what I will be doing with this quilt just yet, but am just planning to have fun stitching it together.  It might make a good Leaders and Enders project.


I love the happy fabrics of this line.  Just fun to play with!


5 comments:

Tanya Quilts in CO said...

Wow! Congratulations on your pending retirement! I am in my 19th year of teaching and dream of retiring, but it won't be for another couple of decades for me. Think of how much time you will have to quilt...I agree the fabrics are wonderful!

Yvonne from Quilting Jetgirl said...

That is a very happy layout! I hope you have fun piecing it together. Congratulations on your big milestone.

Linda @ kokaquilts said...

This looks like a great project... almost like the lovely old postage stamp quilt layout, but with larger squares? Congrats on retirement. I took early retirement - nursing was too full on physically - and it's been great! Linda

Cynthia Brunz Designs said...

What happy colors! And I like how you dispersed the colors. Thanks for sharing this on Oh Scrap!

And how exciting to be retiring. Congratulations!!

Sandra Walker said...

Appropriate name for a fabric line, and for your next stage in life! Welcome! It does take a leeetle getting used to, I must admit, but I have never once regretted leaving teaching early. And every day is the Best. Day Ever. Aren't scraps just so much fun?